It has become apparent from queries obtained recently that NDT organisations are being requested to mix between Australian and ISO Standards in particular with ultrasonic testing. Both the ISO and Australian Standards should be checked very closely before use as this may result in a very poor outcome when undertaking this ultrasonic test.
Other Standards news provided by ISO are detailed as follows...
For NDT (Standards Committee MT007):
- Voting ISO/NP 5750: Non-destructive testing - Infrared thermography -- Electrical equipment testing
- Voting ISO/TS 18173:2005 (vers 4): Non-destructive testing — General terms and definitions
For Con Mon (Standards Committee ME087):
- Voting ISO 13381-1:2015 (Ed 2): Condition monitoring and diagnostics of machines — Prognostics — Part 1: General guidelines
- Voting ISO 13374-2:2007 (vers 3): Condition monitoring and diagnostics of machines — Data processing, communication and presentation — Part 2: Data processing
- Voting ISO 13374-4:2015: Condition monitoring and diagnostics of machine systems — Data processing, communication and presentation — Part 4: Presentation
- Voting ISO 22096:2007 (vers 3): Condition monitoring and diagnostics of machines — Acoustic emission
I remind everyone that AS1171 Magnetic Particle Testing has not been replaced by ISO9934.1 as this still is being worked on for a modified adoption with MT007 committee meeting very soon to possibly close this out shortly.
If you have any questions, please contact me at any time and I will do my best to get back to you quickly.
MT007 Standards Chairperson