Proudly Australian owned and operated, HRL Technology Group is recognised as a market leader in specialist analytical, testing, consulting and integrated engineering and laboratory services. We create customer solutions focused on developing new processes, technology and optimising performance in the energy, resources, engineering and manufacturing industries, nationally and in the Asia Pacific region.
Due to continued success and growth, HRL is seeking an experienced, enthusiastic NDT Inspector/Technician to join our team. The role will be focused on servicing major client sites in the Latrobe Valley, as well as potentially other client sites throughout Australia.
About the role
You will be required to carry out NDT and Inspection work in accordance with HRL Technology Group procedures, as well as:
- Strictly adhere to HRL and client site specific safety procedures.
- Develop strategies and techniques to undertake novel and advanced inspections.
- Ensure, where applicable, all test work and documentation meet National Association of Testing Authorities (NATA) requirements.
- Prepare and compile reports.
- Develop quickly to signatory status for relevant NDT techniques.
- Liaise with clients and other Engineers and Technicians within HRL.
- Maintain equipment in calibration and good working order.
- Travel as needed to various jobsite locations both in and out of state.
You will have:
- At least 5 years’ NDT inspection experience.
- Minimum Level II AINDT or equivalent (ISO 9712) qualifications in Magnetic Particle Inspection, Dye Penetrant Inspection, and Ultrasonic Testing 2 (phased array)
- Experience operating autonomously on power, mining and major hazard facility sites.
- The ability to travel and work in a variety of locations at short notice.
- Report-writing skills.
- Confined space, Elevated work platform and working at heights qualifications (preferred).
- A sound knowledge of the Microsoft Suite of packages.
- A valid driver’s licence.
Along with competitive remuneration, HRL offers challenging work, meaningful development opportunities, flexible work arrangements, genuine opportunity to extend your skills and a privileged, diverse culture built on smart, easy-going colleagues we surround ourselves with. If you join HRL, you are joining a collaborative team that values care, excellence, value creation and agility. You will work alongside seasoned, driven professionals who are passionate, smart, creative and proud to be part of this business and who will challenge you and help foster your growth.
If you like what’s on offer, please email your resume along with a cover letter, explaining how you meet the requirements of this position, to [email protected] by 3rd January 2019.
You must have the right to work in Australia.