ALS Asset Care is seeking a suitably certified and experienced Advanced NDT Technician specialising in Phased Array to join our team.
This is a full time permanent position based out of our West Melbourne office in Victoria.
About the Position
The key duties of this position are:
- Carry out advanced inspections at client sites throughout Australia and South East Asia, as a standalone Technician performing but not limited to, corrosion mapping, weld inspection, SCC surveys, scanning of complex geometries, bolts and studs working on a wide range of materials.
- Assist with development of specific procedures and applications for unique inspection tasks for the Phased Array and TOFD inspection techniques, with emphasis on in-service defect assessment.
- Analyse inspection data and prepare comprehensive reports.
- Make decisions in line with client expectations, and interact with clients to optimise inspection results.
- Liaise and work with the Integrity Engineering team and Asset Integrity engineers in delivering added value to clients.
Essential requirements for the role:
- Level 2 or 3 ISO 9712 (or equivalent) certification PAUT;
- Level 2 or 3 ISO 9712 (or equivalent) Ultrasonic Weld Scanning and/or Nodes and Nozzles certification;
- Ability to pass competency testing in the above methods;
- Familiarity with the limitations of each method and ability to perform field examinations;
- Possess a valid driver’s license;
- Ability to develop inspection techniques to meet the challenges of performing complex inspection tasks.
Looking for further details?
ALS offers competitive remuneration packages commensurate with certifications and experience, and the opportunity for further career development within a leading global company.
ALS is committed to making a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All certified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin or age.
Please submit your application - CLICK HERE.