Australian Institute for Non-Destructive Testing
Inspecting the World
Welcome to AINDT’s new website which is the Institute’s portal with respect to the latest information on what is happening in the world of NDT both here and overseas. The website also provides links that are of service to members of the Institute and to help promote the awareness of the benefits of NDT to the community and other related industry groups.
AINDT has come a long way since it was first founded in 1963 by a committed group of individuals who received support and backing from several prominent organisations. Today, it stands as one of the leading technical societies in Australia with over 900 individual and company members.
AINDT is part of the international community of NDT and is represented on the Executive Committee of ICNDT and also has voting rights as a member of the General Assembly. It plays a prominent role in the Asia-Pacific NDT community and is a member of APCNDT. It also has regional responsibilities in the SE Asia region and through the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) supplies training and support to the 16 members of the Regional Cooperation Agreement.
This website, therefore, has been upgraded significantly to assist in communication to its membership and to maintain AINDT’s focus on providing a better service to its members.
The day to day operations of the Institute are driven by the strategic objectives listed
- Promote the discipline of NDT as a profession
- Advance the practices and benefits of NDT at both a national and international level
- Facilitate the exchange of information between members, industry and the community
- Operate a national certifying body in the qualification and certification of NDT personnel
- Facilitate and promote non-destructive testing research and development and the application of NDT technology
- Provide technical support and guidance for skills development and training of non-destructive testing personnel in Australia